COMPASS® -- Assessment Testing
Attention COMPASS® Takers!
COMPASS® is administered in the Delta College Testing Center (A133) to students that have applied and been admitted to Delta College. The COMPASS® assessment exam is designed to help students succeed. Assessment scores help to determine which courses are most appropriate for the student's current level of knowledge and skills. The assessment evaluates reading, writing and math skills.
Doing well on this assessment could save you hundreds of dollars and up to one or two years of time in college.
It is highly recommended that you review the following websites prior to taking the COMPASS® Assessment:
What You Need to Know BEFORE Taking or Retaking the COMPASS® Assessment
- The COMPASS® Assessment is administered in the Testing Center, A133.
- The COMPASS® Assessment is available on a "walk-in" basis during office hours.
- The COMPASS® Assessment is not timed; most individuals complete it in 2-3 hours.
- The COMPASS® Assessment is computerized using minimal (mouse) computer skills.
- A photo ID is required and must contain both first and last name (i.e., driver's license, state ID, passport, high school ID, etc.).
- Students may only take the COMPASS® Assessment three times per subject per year.
- Students may retake the COMPASS® Assessment on any one or all three subjects.
- Students must wait a minimum of 24 hours before attempting to retake the COMPASS® Assessment.
- Fee Structure
- First COMPASS® Assessment session -- FREE
- Second COMPASS® Assessment session in subject areas that fall below college level -- FREE
- 3 or more COMPASS® Assessment sessions per subject area taken in less than 3 years - $10; retest fees are non-refundable and non-transferable
- More than 3 years since last COMPASS® Assessment session -- FREE
Other COMPASS Requests and Services
- Remote Testing: Available for many students living some distance from the main campus -- COMPASS® Remote Services.
- Send Scores Off-Campus: Want your Delta scores sent to another college or university, complete and submit the Score Request Form (MS Word) via mail, fax or in person to the Testing Center.
- Request Scores Sent to Delta: Contact your college or university; request an official copy be sent directly from the college or university to Delta College Testing Center via mail or fax: Delta College Testing Center, A133,
1961 Delta Road, University Center, MI 48710 FAX: 989-667-2213.
Delta College Testing Center, A-133
1961 Delta Road
University Center, MI 48710