Family & Friends® CPR
Family & Friends® CPR is for people who want to learn CPR but do not need a course completion card in CPR for their job. This course is ideal for schools and students, new parents, grandparents, babysitters and others interested in learning how to save a life. The Family & Friends® CPR Course teaches the lifesaving skills of adult Hands-Only® CPR, child CPR with breaths, adult and child AED use, infant CPR and relief of choking in an adult, child or infant. Skills are taught in a dynamic group environment by using the American Heart Association’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which provides students with the most hands-on CPR practice time possible.
The Family & Friends® CPR program teaches:
• Adult Hands-Only™ CPR
• Adult AED use
• Child CPR
• Infant CPR
• Adult, child and infant relief of choking
Why Learn CPR?
Cardiac arrests are more common than you think, and they can happen to anyone at any time.
• Nearly 383,000 out-of-hospital sudden cardiac arrests occur annually, and 88 percent of cardiac arrests occur at home.
• Many victims appear healthy with no known heart disease or other risk factors.
• Sudden cardiac arrest is not the same as a heart attack.
• Sudden cardiac arrest occurs when electrical impulses in the heart become rapid or chaotic, which causes the heart to suddenly stop beating.
• A heart attack occurs when the blood supply to part of the heart muscle is blocked. A heart attack may cause cardiac arrest.
Information provided by the American Heart Association®, www.heart.org.
Cost & Schedule
Cost: $49/$45 for 50+, Just Like Gold Members
Course Number: CHG-2110
We can help! Call us at (989) 686-9444 or send us an email at email@example.com.
LifeLong Learning Personnel has made every reasonable effort to determine that everything stated in this guide was accurate at the time it was published. Programs and Testing Services offered and related fees, with other matters contained therein, are subject to change or cancellation without notice by Delta College LifeLong Learning for reasons related to student enrollment, or for any reason, at the discretion of the college. Delta College LifeLong Learning reserves the right to cancel class and test sessions.