ISO 9001: Overview, Implementation and Auditing
In this 2 day training, you’ll review the concepts of Total Quality Management (TQM) and Quality Management Systems, understand the requirements outlined in the most recent (2015) revision of the ISO 9001 Standard and learn how to follow this road map for implementing an effective Quality System that complies with the new requirements. This training also prepares internal auditors for their role in this implementation.
Date: January 5- 6, 2017
Time: Thursday & Friday; 8:00am – 4:30pm (30 minute lunch)
Location: Delta College Main Campus
Cost: $595 (Workbook with PowerPoint and case exercises included. Participants may wish to purchase a copy of the Standard prior to class.)
Course Number: CVI-1085
Who Should Attend
Those playing a role in building, implementing, auditing or working within a Quality System
Some past experience working with an effective Quality System is helpful but not required
What You'll Learn
- The basics of TQM and how to connect the concepts of TQM with the ISO-9000 Quality Standards
- The structure of the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Standard
- The differences between the 2008 and 2015 standards
- The role of risk, risk assessment and risk control on the success of the modern organization
- How to identify basic quality tools and understand the role these tools play in supporting effective implementation of the standards,
including process auditing
- How to focus on "process thinking"
- The role all members of the organization play in supporting the standard(s) and meeting customer expectations
- How to explain the concept of "Quality System Certification" and its associated requirements
- The definitions, concepts and guidelines spelled out in ISO 19011
- How to effectively audit your organization's Quality System against the updated standard
- How to analyze the role of human relationship skill in the internal auditing process
We can help! Call us at (989) 686-9444 or send us an email at email@example.com.