Online Employment Applicant Instructions
Benefits of using this system:
- You complete just one online application that you can use to apply for multiple positions now and in the future.
- Create a user account that allows you to return to the system at any time to check the status of your application, edit your application, or apply for other openings.
- View the job postings and apply any time, any where, from a computer with an Internet connection.
Before Starting Your Online Application…. Be Prepared
- Have all the details of your education and employment history together.
- View the job posting details to see which documents you will be required to attach to your application, such as resumes, cover letters or transcripts- acceptable formats are Word (.doc) and Acrobat (pdf). If you do not have a cover letter or resume available to attach you will be able to create one using the “Write a Resume” feature within the online application.
Create Your Online Account
- Click the “Create Account” link on the left side of the screen.
- Select and enter your own user name and password (write this down for future reference.) NOTE: User names and passwords are case-sensitive and should not include spaces.
- Be sure to supply an email address, future communications regarding your application and password reset information will be sent to this address.
If you do not currently have an email address/account, there are several free email services available to you. Delta College does not endorse any one specific service but the most common free email providers are: Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo and AOL. Search on your web browser for these providers to link to the specific instructions for creating an account.
Search Jobs and Apply
- Click on the “Search Jobs” link on the left side of the screen or choose from the position categories in the middle of the webpage.
- To view the position details and/or apply to an open position, click on the position title or the “View Details” link.
- Click on the “Apply for this job” button to begin your application process.
- Be thorough and include all employment history. This is the primary information used to evaluate your job qualifications.
- As you continue through the application choosing the “Save” or “Next” buttons will save your information.
- Required fields are marked with a red asterisk.
Please note that when entering information on the Education and Experience screen you will be required to enter at least one entry for each area. You must select the “Add Education Entry” button to begin entering information. For each new entry you must select the “Add Education Entry” button. Additionally, you must select the “Add Employment Experience Entry” button when entering your employment history. While the system only requires one entry for each of these areas please be thorough and include all employment and educational history. This is the primary information used to evaluate your job qualifications. Information submitted on your resume will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
- To upload any required attachments on the “Documents needed to Apply” page choose the link to the right of the document name, enter the document name and description, chose the “browse” button to find and attach your file. If you do not have a file created you may choose the “Write a resume” link at the top to create one, after you have applied for one position in the future you can use this page to click on the “Select Previously Added Resume”.
- While completing your application you can move to another area of the application by choosing from the dropdown found at the top of the page. This provides ease when returning to finalize and submit your application or for updating your information when applying for future positions.
- When you have attached all documents, completed and reviewed your application information and have moved to the check for errors and submit page you will be alerted if additional information is required. If you are required to provide additional information the section will be highlighted in red, click on the section to complete your application. Once any errors are resolved you must choose the “certify and submit” button to review and certify that you have read and agree to the Agreement & Policy Statements. You must check the certification box, enter your name and choose the “submit application” button.
- Upon successfully submitting your application, you will see a confirmation page.
-For security reasons, you should log out of the system when you have completed the process.
- To update your contact information or reset your password, choose the “Account Settings” link on the left navigation area.
- To view previously submitted applications and to check the status of your application(s) choose the “Your Applications” link.
For further assistance contact the Office of Human Resources Office at email@example.com or 989.686.9107.