Mona White, an Associate Professor of Nursing at Delta College, was an actively engaged instructor. She was on the Board of Directors of the Bay County Women's Center and was a member of Delta's Human Relations Committee (REC). The HRC wanted to do something in her memory after she was killed in a boating accident on Memorial Weekend, several years ago.
The Human Relations Committee sponsors the Annual Miss Mona Shelter Drive that focuses on the needs of the local shelters in the Great Lakes Bay Area (Saginaw, Bay and Midland). Listed below are the links indicating each Shelter's Wish List.
These are some items you may want to consider donating:
- Baby wipes, diapers, baby lotions, pull-ups, pajamas for children, etc.)
- Cleaning supplies (disinfectant sprays, Clorox wipes, SOS pads, etc.)
- Hygiene Products (shower gels, hand sanitizers, hand soap, etc.)
- First-aid supplies, toilet paper, sun block, paper towels, Ziploc bags, etc.)
- Journals, construction paper, pocket calendars/planners
- Blankets, pillows, bedding and towels
- Laundry detergent, fabric softener
- Hair care products (all types)
- Coloring books and activity books (new)
Items can be dropped off at the following locations listed below:
A003, B134, D102, F212, G109, J101, J102, M121, N040, P160, S006, S046, S209, Midland Center, Ricker Center.
This year's drive will run through May 11, 2012.
For specific items the shelters need, please visit their website at:
For additional information, contact Rosemary Reeves (x 3408); Angela Sinclair ((x 9463), Monica Hernandez- Alaniz (x 9324), or Tammy Grunow (x 9042)
The Miss Mona Shelter Drive is sponsored by the Delta College Human Relations Committee