Delta College Honors Program
Mission and Goals
The Honors Program at Delta College seeks to provide challenging learning opportunities for highly motivated, academically skilled students through coursework, independent study, community service, and a variety of other social and academic activities. The Honors Program goals are to provide:
· Continuous progress in academic learning at a pace and depth commensurate with the student’s abilities to learn
· Varied enrichment opportunities that broaden horizons, promote leadership abilities, and provide self-directed learning
· An understanding of diverse cultures
· Opportunities for learning theory as well as research and applications
· Opportunities that will assist students in identifying and achieving personal goals.