See Radiography - Associate In Applied Science
The mission of the Delta College Radiography Program is to prepare competent and professional entry-level radiographers; who are prepared to take the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) national certifying examination; and who contribute to the profession as a whole through participation in professional societies and lifelong learning activities.
The Radiography Program at Delta College is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology. To learn more concerning accreditation please go to their website at www.jrcert.org
20 N. Wacker Drive Suite 2850
Chicago, IL 60606-3182
Phone: (312) 704-5300
For Program Admission information, please go to the Validation Information page at: http://www.delta.edu/health/validation.aspx
For information concerning tuition and fees, refund policies, academic calendars, graduation requirements and transfer credit, please consult the Delta College Catalog.
For information concerning program clinical obligations and grading system please consult the program handbook.
- The program will provide the health care community with competent entry-level radiographers.
- Graduates (students) will demonstrate appropriate interpersonal communication skills.
- Graduates (students) will demonstrate appropriate critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- All graduates (students) will recognize the values and ethics of a professional radiographer and the importance of life-long learning.
- Students will be clinically competent.
About the Profession
Registered radiographers take images of patients using x-rays to assist physicians in diagnosis of disease and trauma. Graduates work in hospitals, clinics, imaging centers, and physician offices. In addition, radiographers may choose to specialize in CT, MRI, Radiation Therapy, and Cardiac Catherization. Career demands critical thinking ability, excellent physical stamina, compassion, and the ability to work well as a team member.
To complete the validation requirements you must complete the on-line validation session through eLearning. Please call Cindy Kramer Reszke at (989) 686-9533 to be enrolled in the session.