The Health Lab provides flexible and independent learning resources, structured simulation, and skills labs to enhance the learning of enrolled students.
(Delta Collegiate/Cameron Rohlof)
Health Lab Areas of Interest
Service Area Desk (F-275) - The service desk is staffed during the hours that the lab is open. The desk is staffed by individuals who can assist you in obtaining assigned materials and assigning a space to practice.
Skills Lab - Practicing healthcare procedures in a simulated clinical setting provides excellent learning opportunities. Instructors schedule skills labs as part of the academic course, and it is a required meeting of the course.
Open Lab - Students are encouraged to come to the Health Lab to practice the skills that have been introduced in a course.
The Health Lab is open to all enrolled Delta students for use in completing assigned course work. A picture id, i.e. your Delta id, is required in order to use the resources. You must sign in at the front desk.
- Treat manikins as you would a real patients, including patient privacy. Review HIPAA if you are unsure what this means.
- Markers, pens and printed paper (assignments) must be kept away from manikins. Ink will transfer like a tattoo to the manikin.
- Please be aware video cameras are recording at all times.
- No eating or drinking is permitted in the lab.
- Please avoid loud behavior as it will disrupt other patrons.
- If your program of study has a Delta student uniform it is required attire in the Health Lab.