The English Division is pleased to announce the winners from the 2013 LAND Writing Contest.
- First Place: Jacob Rechsteiner - "a list of things i cant do"
- Second Place: Inney Prakash - "Brief Encounter"
- Honorable Mention: Daniel McGee -"Morning Ritual"
- First Place: Ricky DeBats - "Temporary Logger"
- Second Place: Caroline Sawatzki - "War on the Homefront"
- Honorable Mention: Kaitlyn Mercy - "One Week"
- First Place: Crystal Rickard - "Captured Soul"
- Second Place: Caroline Sawatzki - "Something Borrowed, Something Blues"
- Honorable Mention: Amanda Walraven - "Like Crystal"
Which English Class Should I Enroll In?
Use this download this course tool (MS Excel) to determine which English course you should enroll in next. Note: Students should speak with their counselor or advisor concerning enrollment in English courses or any other courses before registering.
The English Division offers students opportunities with diverse literature, essay writing, research writing, creative writing, technical writing, and journalism. We also believe in offering the support students need to begin to grow from almost any starting point. Our mission is to educate our students to be effective writers, comprehensive readers, and coherent communicators in academia and in their professional and personal lives.
Meet the English Division
Denise Hill, Associate Professor of English
English Division Chair
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 989.686.9160 | Office: S011
English Division Support Office
E-mail: email@example.com | Phone: 989.686.9159 | Fax: 989.686.0485 | Office: S006
Delta College English Division on Facebook
Delta College English Division on Twitter