Respondus Lockdown Browser
Some instructors require the use of Respondus Lockdown Browser to take an exam. If this is the case then you need to download and install LockDown Browser before you take an exam/quiz.
How to Download/Install LockDown Browser
1. Open a web browser and navigate to the following web address: http://www.respondus.com/lockdown/download.php?id=467139516
2. Click Install Now
3. Depending on the web browser you use you will be prompted to either Save or Run.
4. When the download is complete (if you selected Save), locate the file and run it (or wait for the installer to launch if you selected Run in step 3).
5. Follow the installation prompts.
6. Once the installation is complete, click the Finish button.
How to Take a Quiz Using LockDown Browser
1. Start LockDown Browser using the shortcut created on your Desktop.
2. You will be directed to the login page of the online software. Enter your username and password.
3. Access the course where your exam exists.
4. Go to the Quizzes and click on your exam.
5. The exam will then open. You cannot exit the exam until this is completed and the Submit button is clicked.
6. Close the LockDown Browser window after submitting your exam.
Visit Respondus Support web site for Student Support FAQs.
Watch the video Introduction to Respondus LockDown Browser for Students for more details on how Respondus LockDown Browser works.