Credit for Prior Learning
At Delta, your experience counts! You may earn academic credit for prior learning in many areas of study at Delta College. Credit-By-Portfolio is designed for students who have gained, through related work experience, learning that may be equivalent to content taught in actual college courses.
Credit-By-Portfolio: an individualized process where you submit a portfolio application, resume, personal manuscript and supporting documentation of your prior learning for faculty review and evaluation in courses you believe you have the knowledge, background and skills. A $50 per credit hour attempted fee is charged prior to portfolio materials being submitted to the appropriate academic division. If you successfully complete a portfolio, the earned credits will be recorded on your transcript. For questions or information contact Counseling/Advising and Career Services D102.
Please be aware that the following restrictions may apply:
- These options are not available in all areas of study.
- Credits earned through this program may not be transferable to other institutions.
- A maximum of 38 semester hours of transfer/other credits may be applied toward a Delta College Associate degree. See Delta College Catalog "Associate Degree Requirements".
- Prior learning credits are not eligible for financial aid.
- You may only apply once for credit in the same course.
Additionally, students may receive Credit For Prior Learning by examination, which is administered through the Delta College Testing Center on main campus in room A133 phone: 989-686-9182.