Michigan New Jobs Training Program
Delta College provides a competitive advantage to businesses located in Bay, Midland and Saginaw Counties by providing The Michigan New Jobs Training Program, MNJTP. This economic development tool enables new and expanding businesses to train their workforce virtually cost-free.
Delta College currently holds MNJTP contracts with local businesses with a value of over $6 million to be invested in coming years.
Michigan New Job Training Program Works
When a businesses is locating a facility or expanding in the Great Lakes Bay Region, the Michigan New Jobs Training Program, MNJTP, at Delta College is a valuable resource to provide workforce training and development for those new positions.
Tax dollars normally paid to the State of Michigan in payroll withholding tax are used instead to pay for employee training. This results in virtually cost free training for new employees in qualifying positions and the ability to train them after they are hired through the term of the contract.
Businesses working with Delta College through the MNJTP save thousands of dollars annually on training.
What Jobs Qualify
New job, means full time job in the state of Michigan which meets all of the following:
- New, existing, or expanding business of employer
- Are not jobs of a recalled worker, replacement job, or other jobs that existed in the employer’s business with in the 1 year period preceding the date of the agreement
- Is not a job from another location of employer in State of Michigan
- Are new jobs that result in a net increase in employment in Michigan for the employer
- Are new jobs that pay at least 175% of minimum wage at the time of the agreement, or $14.88 per hour
Type of Training
A wide range of training costs are covered, including highly specialized technical training to basic skill instruction.
Funds can be used for:
Delta College training delivery
Third party training delivery
Training equipment and materials
Travel to trainings
Interested in a free consultation on how the Michigan New Jobs Training Program can help your business?