Parent Orientation is an opportunity for parents, grandparents and guardians to find out about the process their son or daughter will be going through as they enter Delta College. The session will last about one and a half hours, with a question and answer period. Parent Orientation is designed to be very informal, and will explain everything from COMPASS testing and placement, costs, MyDelta services, Financial Aid, to many other departments and issues they may encounter their first year in college. Specific issues to be covered at Parent Orientation:
- COMPASS testing
- Advisement process at orientation
- Costs to attend Delta
- Web services
- Off campus sites
- Services for students, such as on-campus jobs, tutoring services, career services and student activities.
- Semester break down
- Financial aid
- Transferability of classes
- Student Services Division, overview
- Expectation that Delta College has of it's students to be successful.
The sessions are held at various times during the semester. Call the Admissions Office at 989-686-9093 for dates and times to reserve a seat in a session.