Peer Mentor Program
Who are we?
The Peer Mentor Program at Delta College is meant as a way to help first-year, transfer, and first-generation college students as they adjust to life at Delta College. We will work hard to pair you with an experienced, like-minded mentor who can help guide you through your academic and social year.
Your mentor will be responsible for contacting you on a regular basis to make sure you're aware of upcoming Delta deadlines* and campus events. The Peer Mentor Program is also a great way to meet new people!
Who should be a mentee?
- First-year Delta College students
- First-generation college students
- Transfer students
Who should be a mentor?
- At least 12 credit hours completed at Delta
- 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Enrolled in at least 1 credit hour at Delta
What does the program provide?
- One on one peer support
- A chance to meet new people
- Time management advice
- Help setting your academic and career goals
- Volunteer opportunities
- Easy access to campus life activities
- Personalized reminders for upcoming Delta deadlines*
*Delta Deadlines may include signing up for classes, financial aid, add/drop periods, and more. It does not include specific classroom deadlines and dates.
Program Director: Alison Ginter