Faculty: Helping Students Make the Connection...
Service projects promote active learning! Most students who participate report that they leave the experience with a positive view of subject and the service!
What is Academic Service-Learning?
Academic Service-Learning is a credit-bearing teaching-learning method that combines meaningful community service with critical, reflective thinking so that students gain greater understanding and application of course content and an enhanced sense of civic responsibility.
The Mission of Academic Service-Learning at Delta:
To provide opportunities for students to grow and become engaged citizens through service to the community linked to academic learning.
The Vision for Academic Service-Learning at Delta:
Delta College students and alumni are engaged citizens.
Our Core Values:
- Enhanced student learning
- Appreciation of diversity
- Purposeful civic engagement
- Engagement, commitment, and retention
- Critical, reflective thinking
- Lifelong learning
- Student success
- Sustained civic engagement
- Global perspective and economy skills
- Leadership development
- Personal and social responsibility
- Career and workforce preparation
- Humanitarian and world peace initiatives